Adding and withdrawing funds to your account at Stern is easy, fast and secure. You can choose the best method for you to perform those tasks, with the knowledge that your money is protected by state of the art technology, and that at every level we’re putting our best efforts and practices into making sure your money is safe with us.
We strive to provide our clients with the best user experience and we make managing your account as hassle-free as possible. We allow our clients to focus on their task – trading successfully – by keeping everything running smoothly behind the scenes, including expediting deposit and withdrawal requests. This is why our team has been highly trained to run procedures in the shortest time possible, no matter what method our clients choose.
Stern highly recommends using a credit card in order to fund your account, especially for the first time. It is fast, secure, and most importantly, automatic. There is no faster way to have funds credited to your account, which means that this is also the fastest way to trading success.
The following Debit/Credit Cards are supported and accepted at Stern: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro*.
*Please note that Maestro online transactions require 3D Secure for authentication, so make sure you have received your 3D code from your bank before attempting to deposit using a Maestro card.
You can fund your Account directly from your bank using a Wire Transfer, experiencing a higher degree of freedom compared to other methods. We have set up a variety of options in order for your Wire Transfers to get faster into your Account, and to minimize the expenses you will incur as much as possible by using this deposit method – all for your convenience. Please remember to check with your bank if and how much it will cost you to transfer funds through a Wire Transfer, in order to have a complete picture before going ahead and transferring your money.
Please contact us prior to making any wire deposits, so that we can give you the correct deposit instructions for your account and currency type.
In order to ensure the safety of our Customer’s Accounts, and to comply with KYC (“Know your customer”) and anti-money laundering/terrorism regulations, we at Stern take great precautions when it comes to establishing the identity, ownership, and legitimacy of our Account holders. Please keep in mind that the procedures listed below have been set up first and foremost for your own protection. As part of our compliance process, Stern guarantees that the money in your account will always be under your control and that no one can access your funds without your knowledge. Over the years we have streamlined the withdrawal procedure so that it is now as fast as possible, and while withdrawal processing may take up to 7 days, on most occasions you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out that it takes much less, with an optimal time frame of 48 hours.
In order to process your withdrawal, we will need the documents listed below. Please make sure to have all the requested items available to speed up your withdrawal request:
- To start the process, please send an email to our Compliance department at firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a withdrawal. Please remember to specify the amount and to attach the documents listed below.
- A copy/scan of a proof of ID (such as a Passport or a Driver’s License).
- A copy/scan of a Proof of Address (either a Utility Bill or a Bank Statement sent to your current address).
- Your Account Number – if applicable.
- A copy/scan of the credit card(s) you have used to fund your account if any. Please note that we only need to establish ownership of the card(s) and that these copies/scans will not be used for any other purpose: it is therefore recommended that you only leave your name and the last four digits of your card visible in the documents, further protecting yourself.
- Voice Signature – Contact your Account Manager to complete the procedure.
- Fill out and sign DOD (Declaration of Deposits). If you haven’t sent us your DOD already (upon depositing funds into your account), please contact our Compliance Department at the address below and you will be guided through the process.
All documents should be emailed to email@example.com. As soon as your documents are received, we will give you an update on the status of your withdrawal request.
It is important for you to know that anti-money laundering regulations also require us to transfer your funds back to you using the same payment that was used for your deposit. This means that if you used your credit card(s) to put money into your account here at Stern, you will receive your withdrawal back to the same credit card(s). The same requirement applies to wire transfers, and to any combination of these methods you may have used over time.
Finally, please be aware that processing fees for your withdrawal vary according to which method or combination of methods will be used to send back your funds: Credit Card – 3.5% fee on the amount of your withdrawal / Wire Transfer – 15 USD fee per Wire Transfer.